UNIT 1: CONCEPT OF EDUCATION 1 CREDIT
- Aims of modern education with special reference to Delor’s Commission.
UNIT 2: FACTORS OF EDUCATION 1 CREDIT
- Child / learner: influence of heredity and environment on the learner
- Teacher: qualities and duties of a good teacher.
- Curriculum- concept and types.
- Co-curricular activities: meaning, values and significance.
- Educational institutions: informal, formal and non-formal, their interrelation.
UNIT 3: AGENCIES OF EDUCATION 1 CREDIT
- Mass-media(television, radio, cinema and newspaper)
UNIT 4: CHILD CENTRICISM AND PLAY-WAY IN EDUCATION 1 CREDIT
- Concept of child centricism in education
- Characteristics and significance of child centricism in education
- Concept of play and work.
- Characteristics of play way in Education, Kindergarten, Montessori, Project method.
- Freedom and Discipline
PRACTICUM / ACTIVITIES 2 CREDITS
- Assignment Writing based on any of the four units
- Seminar presentation
- Book Review
UNIT I: LINGUISTICS
UNIT II: ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Unit I: History of English Literature: A Survey of the Major Periods from Old English to the 19th Century. (30 marks)
Unit II: Poetry Section
Unit III: Drama Section
Western Criticism starting from Aristotle to D. H. Lawrence:
UNIT I: (85 marks)
1. Aristotle's "Poetics"
2. Tragedy and Comedy
3. Classicism and Romanticism
4. Samuel Johnson: "Preface to the Plays of Shakespeare"
5. William Wordsworth: Preface to Lyrical Ballads
6. ST. Coleridge: Biographia Literaria (Books: XII-XIII)
7. Matthew Arnold: The Study of Poetry
8. T. S Eliot: The Function of Criticism
9. D.H. Lawrence: Why the Novel Matters
Practical Criticism (15 marks)
100 Marks ( Organic : 67, Physical : 33)
Organic Laboratory: A. Qualitative Analysis B. Organic Preparation:
Physical Laboratory:To study changes in conductance, Study the kinetics, Verification of Lambert-Beer's Law, Determination of pK(indicator) for phenolphthalein or methyl red, Study the formation of a complex between ferric and thiocyanate (or salicylate) ions.
67 Marks:90 Hours
Computer Applications in Chemistry, Quantum Chemistry - II, Spectroscopy, Symmetry and Point groups, Electrochemistry I, Electrochemistry II, Statistical Thermodynamics - II, Surface Active Agents, Chemical kinetics II, Phase equilibria Il
66 Marks:90 Hours
Organo Sulphur copounds, Elimination reactions, Organic synthesis via enolates, Heterocyclic compounds, Medicinal chemistry,Chromatography, Mass spectroscopy, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy, Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy, Green Chemistry
History of Cartography Development. Quantitative techniques, GIS, Remote Sensing Techniques, GPS Field working techniques